Membership

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Guild Alliance

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SimplyMojo
In-Game Rank 7

re: New Groups Coming to the Pack!

For me it's aiming at the target. Cause whether it's a gun, bow, or crossbow you still have to focus and aim. Then hopefully it's a one shot kill. So you use your eyes to focus, shoot, and your target is dead! lol

Again, just what it makes me think.

Last edited by SimplyMojo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Siegfried Felheart

Kensii wrote:

I think leadership over any of the new groups (if there happens to be a healer only group, along with the caster group) Should be restricted to the Alpha or betas leading them.

Boom well said. Also I believe that the leader should have a cool head about things because people do make mistakes and there is no need to chew their heads off ( unless of course they are not really trying or is just completely ignoring the directions given. )  

SimplyMojo
In-Game Rank 7

Okay...this is what I am digging right now:

DreadFangs- Rogues and Feral Druids

IronClaws- Death Knights, Warriors, and Bear Druids

FireManes- Mages, Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Boomkins

LifePaws- Holy Priests, Disc. Priests, and Resto Druids

DeadEyes- Hunters

Last edited by SimplyMojo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Kensii

What about WildRangers for the Hunter group? DeadEyes reminds me of a villain from a television show I used to watch a long time ago. :<

Kallisto/Lotus/Genesis wrote:

Okay...this is what I am digging right now:

DreadFangs- Rogues and Feral Druids

IronClaws- Death Knights, Warriors, and Bear Druids

FireManes- Mages, Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Boomkins

LifePaws- Holy Priests, Disc. Priests, and Resto Druids

DeadEyes- Hunters

Sorry, still don't dig DeadEyes. Sounds Forsaken to me.

So overall.... is the Alpha, or a Beta going to swoop in and make the final decisions on all of this, or do the individual leaders of each group just rise up, make a decision and go with it? If something like that doesn't happen, this thread could go on forever.

I'm just a Delta, so I'll await whatever the final decisions are. However, IF it is determined that there is a hunter specific group, that leader can expect a healthy dose of input from me. .... all positive of course.

Kensii

Hm, yeah, I'm also wondering when the final say on the names/groups will be...soon hopefully? Or I'll just keep brainstorming on this forum till the end of time! hehe.

Healers - Treehuggers. YES xD!

hunters -  Sight trackers..erm no, that's horrible... Night Rangers?

I don't see why people can't keep brainstorming and putting in their input.

The Alpha and Betas are generally pretty busy. I'm sure they will have something more concrete soon. We just need to be patient.

Last edited by SimplyMojo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Hitavo/Neo

Kensii wrote:

I think leadership over any of the new groups (if there happens to be a healer only group, along with the caster group) Should be restricted to the Alpha or betas leading them.

now don't get me wrong, or take this in the wrong way. but this is one of the biggest things that has always bugged me. why does everyone think that only the Alpha and the beta's are capable/should be the ones who create/run events for the guild? just because they're considered 'officers/Gm's' doesn't mean that anyone who would want to or can run guild events and stuff cant because they're not 'officers'.

Anyone who is delta(maybe gamma) and higher can create guild events on the calendar, and i'm quite sure most will put up an event that you'd like to run/do up on the calendar. everyone that has come to me I've put their event up. cause i personally think its a great idea for everyone to feel that they can gather people from the guild to go and do stuff without feeling the requirement to have an officer present/lead it. A guild is supposed to feel like a family, not a job.

p.s. i'm loving alot of the names that you're all coming up with, keep it up. :D

Hi, I'm that black fox furry. Happy
vipergts
Elder

I have been pretty sick as of late but have been working on a little gathering for the ironpaws that will happen hopefully pretty soon! :) No harm in brainstorming the other stuff out though!

Kensii

Zee, I think the reason I stated that the Alpha/betas should run the groups is because of their rank status, and because of the fact that they already have a leadership role in the guild and have been around just about the longest. Your comment about other ranks making guild events, I think is a great idea! I do believe everyone should participate and create events for other members and have fun! But I just personally think it would be better if an officer or the guild leader lead the groups that are forming, mostly because people are more inclined to listen to them, unless someone else in the guild (delta/gamma/omega) stood up and wanted to take that type of a role on and everyone else supports this, then I don't see it being an issue. Also I just don't want to see everyone jumping out of their chairs to fight over a leadership role hehe.

Someone that is going to be leading their respectful group (caster/healer/melee) should have experience in the guild and in Wpvp/Pvp situations. And also if the roles of leading the groups are open to everyone, not just the alpha/betas, then it should at least only be open for Omegas+, not sure if we will be voting on a person to lead the groups or if they will just be assigned...but anywho its just my opinion (feel free to ignore me, xD) I look forward to this nonetheless and I think it's a fun idea! ...

Sorry I wrote a lot..

I sort of alluded to this already, but I think there are two distinct avenues to address here:

1.  If you are talking about just making a group so that it can RP and do its own events on the side... then yes, that can probably be run by anyone who wants to take it and run with it.  I even remember Narasha doing something like that for stealthies, even though there are the DreadFangs already... only cause he wanted to go out and have a little fun on the side. Something like this is very casual, and doesn't really need an officer to micro-manage it.

2. However, if you are talking about a group that has to go out in our organized WPvP situations (Pack Attacks, CTAs, etc), then you really need a leader who is experienced, commands respect, keeps things in order, and knows how to call out shots and targets to efficiently kill the enemy and keep the team safe and moving. That is another level altogether, and while its all "fun", its a different, more serious type of fun. That person may, or may not need to be an officer... but I definitely believe that person needs to be given the "stamp of approval" by the Alpha/Betas because now you are dealing with the guild as a whole as they face the Horde more formally... many times in conjunction with other guilds (CBH).

So, to me, its two different things we are talking about.  Perhaps the groups can be originally formed by anyone who is interested in getting them together... but just be prepared to swallow your pride and let a Beta or more experienced person lead that team in WPvP if you don't have the chops to do that just yet.  It won't be anything personal... its just a lot more fun if we don't get wiped all over the place if at all possible.

Hitavo/Neo

and thats fully understandable, i've just heard from so many in the past that they're afraid to try creating anything cause of them not being an officer. and people will listen to who they want, officer or not.

i personally like the idea of when the groups come together that whoever is willing/wanting to lead it says so, and then have the entire group vote if there is more than one person who wants to. if a person flips out cause they dont get voted into leadership, well... tough luck, deal with it or just dont go. lol

Hi, I'm that black fox furry. Happy
Kensii

Well there could be a vote, everyone who wants to lead one of the groups can say so, and then the whole guild together can vote and decide who best fits the position? I don't want to exclude people if they really want to take on that role. (Plus that gave me an idea on a fun Rp election event thing... )

Lifepaws...Makes me think of that one lifecall/lifeline commercial

~A PvP battle with groups of sporadic fighting~
~A Warrior falls~

Warrior: Help, I've fallen and can't get up!

Call THE LIFEPAWS
We'll get you back up.

Saying that I love LifePaws.

GDPR#3364328

re: GDPR#3364328

GDPR#3364328
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Päck Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: