Membership

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Guild Alliance

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Vincent (Cyris)

re: New Groups Coming to the Pack!

So after some roleplay, it was said that the Pack needs a group for more of it's members than just "The Dreadfangs" (The rogue/feral group of the Pack led by Prowly (myself)).

That said, we set about creating something called the "Ironclaws". They are the vanguard of this Pack. They are the Death Knights, Warriors, Bear druids, and Hunters of the Pack. They are the front lines of our PvP group. Their leader: Erinde. She will lead this group and be setting up events for it.

We're hoping to become a single unit of Worgens all working within the confines of our groups. This should make us stronger and more of a threat in PvP. It will get us organized and well rounded while teaching everyone to communicate with one another.

A caster group is in the works. They are in need of someone who will lead them. Someone to host events, train those under him/her and teach everyone within the group to be cautious and communicate as well. This group will be Warlocks, Mages, Priests, Moonkin druids, and Restoration druids. This group will contain the healers and will be the strongest and possibly the biggest group. Therefore, they will need the most attention.

If anyone has a name suggestion for this group, please leave a comment below. As far as who to lead it... Well, volunteer if you're one of the classes listed and we'll consider it. Remember, you have to be vocal and willing to tell people what to do and when. 

Another thing. Those within these groups, you'll be taking the orders. However, this doesn't mean you do not have a voice in something. Speak to the leader about anything. They will listen and talk with you about it. Just let it be known, if someone tells you to jump, you should only ask "How high".

Mahikon

Just a comment... but I am not quite sure how we hunters would roll up front with the plate wearers and the bears. As exciting as that sounds (and I will follow whatever orders I am given), we can't take the same beating those classes can. Are we supposed to maybe stand just behind them and provide cover-fire/dps?  Maybe I am just misunderstanding the strategy of the group. I welcome to be enlightened.

Otherwise, it seems we fit more in the "caster" group where we could protect the clothies, since we CAN take more of a beating than they can.

Perhaps the hunters need our own group that provides the middle section of the attack.... cover fire for the Ironclaws, and protection for the casters (the FirePaws?) in the rear.

Again, maybe I am just missing the strategy here.

Nymaway
Alpha

I think hunters need to be grouped with casters imo. We will discuss this more, but over all I am very excited about this. 

vipergts
Elder

One benefit I can see to having hunter in the front - or at very least close to the group in the front is their ability to trap, espically if we are in a situation with a choke point. Hunters working in tandem with warriors espically works because thier skill sets compliment each other very well ( the ability to trap, slow, then the warriors stuns ect holding them there for the hunter to unload on)

I see a benefit to having them stay behind as well, to both protect the casters and healers.  A midsection group is also a good idea.

ideally the group in the front has dks to death grip an over extending  target, a few people to slow it's retreat (here  is where I think hunters shine, but then again my main for four years was a hunter so I may be biased) and everyone else unload. I still think there is lots to discuss but I am pretty excited to be doing this and hopefully I won't Let you guys down!

-Erinde

Mahikon

Actually Viper, your analysis actually points towards why I was considering hunters having their own group, so they could move up and cover, or fall back and protect as necessary.

However, when I really think about the reality of how things play out in WPVP, there really can't be a ton of people shouting around on vent.  From what I have seen, you really just have an overall leader, a melee target caller, and a ranged target caller, at most. Any more than that, and its going to sound like the inside of subway station at rush hour.

With that in mind, the hunters likely need to be in one or the other group and follow either the ranged shot caller with the rest of the casters, or the leader/melee caller up front. Otherwise, you would have to start getting into multiple vent channels to keep it from sounding like chaos, but then that presents even more communication issues by not all being in the same vent.

.... and I am surprised no one has commented on my light hearted attempt at the caster group name.... the FirePaws.  That sort of just popped in my head while I was replying to the original post. Seemed like it matched up well with DreadFangs, and IronClaws.

vipergts
Elder

This whole notion was in jest originally with Erinde saying she was going to form her own group to counter the Dreadfangs and call it "Awesomefangs" the motto of course being "our swords are bigger" the more I thought about it however, the more the idea became seriously appealing. Giving everyone a place and role during battle will cut down on chaos and hopefully streamline things a bit. With "leaders" of a group looking out for, helping gear out and hopefully learning from/teaching the other members of the group. Furthermore, the more gear and experience our players have, the more pvp we can do as a guild - do not get me wrong I appreciate our alliances but I think you are all an awesome group of players who have every right to stand on your own two feet, not under the shadow of a (perhaps larger) guild.

Kensii

For a name for the caster group, calling it "Firepaws" does sound pretty cool, except that it doesn't seem to fit for healers, Healers (druids, priests) don't have fire spells like mages and warlocks. (well priests might but I haven't played one..) You could call them "Warpaws" maybe? Or you guys could consider giving healers their own group and call them the "Battlemenders", rogues/feral kitties have their own groups, so resto druids/ priests could have theirs? Then the mages/locks could be in the "Firepaws" perhaps? Just something to consider... :D ...personally I think Battlemenders sounds awesome...

Nymaway
Alpha

I think the healers need to be in their own group entirely. We move way different then DPS casters. 

Mahikon

The "Fire" in FirePaws wasn't just to literally mean fire, but more mean like "ready, aim, fire!"... in other words, anything that shoots something for dps. That's why it even fits for hunters. Fire, ice, bullets, arrows, lasers... whatever.... it's all junk you "fire" at the target.

Probably does make sense to have a healers group. They really don't need their own "caller" on vent. They seem to be able to watch and manage the health bars on their own, stay out of harm, and listen for the leader to call for "big heals on player X".  Smart and independent folks those healers are.

I'm not even going to take a stab at a healer group name. Since Lady Alpha Nym is the Queen Healer, she can pick any name she likes :)

Noelynn

Don't forget shadow priests in with those locks/mages. We melt faces! :D

Good to see lots of activity on the topic! So are we thinking five groups? Dreadfangs, ironclaws, caster group (including hunters?) healer group and the alpha guard? Or would those who are in the guard spread out in the different groups and just peel to nym when she needs it? 

Also what would people be looking for/expect from their perticular group leaders? 

Kensii

Yes I have to agree with Nym on putting healers in their own group. Might I suggest we call that group "Battlemenders" ...it sounds awesome, and yes I will keep mentioning that name for it...hehe.

GuaiWu

Since i pitched the idea of a caster group months ago i would like to volunteer to lead such a group if the officers and leadership would approve i would be honored to do so

I nominate Greavell to lead the "Iron paws"! And I also agree with Nymaway hat the healers should have their own group.

Kensii

I think leadership over any of the new groups (if there happens to be a healer only group, along with the caster group) Should be restricted to the Alpha or betas leading them.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Päck Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: