Membership

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

Guild Alliance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemo_the_Wizard
Gamma

re: Guild Rank Craziness

Alright, so for a little bit ranks are going to be more messed up than college freshmen trying jägerbombs for the first time. I just spoke with a GM on the phone about an issue I found and I will explain it briefly.

I was attempting to re-name the Cone of Shame rank to Alpha so that Nymaway may have it. During this I saw that our ranks were completely out of order, but attempting to re-order it or really change anything resulted in "Internal guild error."

Coding wise for WoW the ranks are ordered Rank0 being the GM rank then Rank1 being the highest officer and it continues to count so it should have been Rank0-Alpha Rank1-Elder, Rank2-Beta and so on, but somehow multiple ranks were shoved into the Rank1 spot so Elder, Beta, Officer Alt, Gamma, Delta, and Pup were ALL Rank1.

How am I fixing this? Well it's going to be a pain in the butt. I have to go through the guild roster and catalogue every member and their rank. Then I have to demote EVERYONE in the guild to Omega. Then I go through one by one and restore everyone's actual ranks. I will be busy and frustrated for a little while so please bare with me as our guild ranks go bat-crap crazy.

Laernyx
Beta

The guild ranks should now be fixed.

Thanks to the hard work of Laernyx and Raedolf

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Päck Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: